Definitions and Interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Fae Bot via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Fae Bot, we or us: Fae Bot of 36-1 Kozuka, Kamogawa-shi, Chiba, Japan 296-0233
User or you: any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Fae Bot and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Fae Bot and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.fae-bot.org, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4) For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Fae Bot is the “data controller.” This means that Fae Bot determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, our Data is Processed.
5) We may collect the following Data, which included personal Data, from you:
- a name;
How We Collect Data
6) We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
Data Given to Us by You
7) Fae Bot will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us to set up an account to receive our newsletters, products and/or services;
Data Collected Automatically
8) To the extent that you access the Website, Data is collected automatically, for example;
- When you visit the Website, the web server stores automatically only a so-called server log file which contains e.g. the name of the requested file, your IP address, the date and time of the request, the volume of data transferred and the requesting provider (access data), and documents the request.
Our Use of Data
9) Any or all of the above Data may be required by us, from time to time, in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- To keep you updated on the Fae Bot project’s development, collaborations, products, and events;
- To properly provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested in a timely and lawful fashion.
10) We may use your Data for the above purposes if it is deemed necessary for our and your legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section titled “Your Rights” below).
11) When you register with us and set up an account to receive your emails, products or services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at you request, to enter into such a contract.
Who We Share Data With
12) We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Our employees, agents or service providers to guarantee that you receive the services and/or products that you requested in a timely and legal manner;
Keeping Data Secure
13) We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your data is controlled by a password and username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
14) Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17) Even if your Data is deleted, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18) You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will never charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to Data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object ot our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19) To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us at email@example.com.
20) If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO. The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21 )It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if you Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
22) Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our services are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
23) We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguard in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
24) To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
27) We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchase of our business or any part of it.
28) In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
31) Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
32) This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject ot the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Fae Bot by email at firstname.lastname@example.org